11-13 July: Dubbo Rotaract Antiques and Collectables Fair
13 July: Beryl Jones Memorial Shoot
26 July: Christmas in July at the Cobar Memorial Services Club
2 August: Nyngan Ag Expo
9 August: Louth Races
15-17 August: Dubbo Jazz Festival
16th August Memories of Elvis (Parkes)
13-14th September: Cobar Rodeo
4 October: Nymagee Gymkhana and Family Day
24-26 October: Festival of the Miner's Ghost
7 November: St John's School Bazaar
15 November: Unlock the Bush Muster, Dubbo Showgrounds
27 November: Cobar Christmas Gala Shopping Night and Street Parade
29 November: Cobar Town Street Christmas Party
9 December: Billy Manns Memorial Shoot at the Cobar Clay Target Club
Australia Day: 26 January 2016
- Don't miss out on the Duck Races being held at the Cobar Memorial Swimming Pool which are being pre-sold for just $5 each. The entire day is great for the entire family with plenty of Australia Day activities happening.
- The second annual Cobar Ram Sale is being hosted by Landmark Russell and in total 63 rams will up for sale consisting of 45 White Dorpers and 18 Dorpers. The sale is at nearby Ward Oval and Cobar Caravan Park is the ideal place to stay at when attending.
Cobar Markets: 2 April 2016
- These twilight markets are from 4pm to 8pm at nearby Drummond Park in Linsley Street, Cobar. The markets will feature music, food, coffee, cakes, jams, plants, flowers, clothing, produce, handmade wares and more.
- Let your creative juices flow at this two day FREE art workshop. No experience is needed and all equipment plus morning tea and lunch will be provided by the local CWA. How could you say no? For more info, click here.
Cobar Show: 22-23 April 2016
- Roll up, roll up! Country Shows are great fun and the Cobar Show is no different. It has a strong list of horse events, pavilions, trade stand and side show alley.
Cobar Races: 7 May 2016
- The races are on again with a bigger and better six race program. Ladies, don't forget to wear your best for the Fashions on the Field with over $2000 wroth of prizes. Kids will also be entertained with a jumping castle, clown and balloon animals.
- Join in on 6 days of roaring action in the outback Cobar district of NSW. The Cliffhanger event combines challenge, navigation, speed and long course trialsall for the ultimate outback experience. Cobar Caravan Park is the ideal place to stay when attending this event, book your accommodation in time to not miss out!
- Veteran milliner Waltraud Reiner is coming to Cobar for a two day millinery workshop. Waltraud has years of experience with the hat trade and possesses knowledge of contemporary and traditional techniques and rare, exotic materials. An ideal event for those who want to try something different!
- Retired farmer, Rod Gregory, is a veteran in the stand up profession an has performed hundreds of acts all over the country. The Old Fella promises a hilarious night filled with good old Aussie humour for all ages. Click here for more information and to buy tickets.
- Nothing beats having a traditional Christmas dinner when it's nice and cool in July.
- The Peak Gold Mine is running this annual family event suitable for kids of all ages and packed with fun and entertainment! This year's activities include running, flying fox, sport skills, obstacle course, and jupming castle. There will also be gift bags, medals, a sausage sizzle, and much more!
- This annual event recognises the people behind businesses who excel in their field and provide outstanding servies for the Cobar community. People and businesses in 9 different catergories will receive rewards for their hard work.
- Get back to nature duruing a day of meditation, yoga, healthy food, card readings and more... Bookings are essential and includes moring tea, lunch, afternoon tea and art supplies. The perfect way to rest up after long days on the road.
- This event raises fund for Batyr Programs in Cobar and includes a run with prizes for best poker hand, best dressed, best 4WD, best early model car, best late model car, best bike and people's choice. A great event for all with plenty of entertainment and fun!
- The annual spring fair is the perfect family event with fun and entertainment for all ages.
- The Cobar Council is organising a range of family fun over the school holidays with activities like kids craft, soccer camp and drumming workshops!
- This festival is like nothing you've ever seen! It's a family friendly event that gives community clubs and groups the opportunity to showcase what they do best including art, craft, music, sport, school song and dance. There's also fireworks over the Cobar copper mine, street markets, clowns, buskers, and much more!
- The Peaks of Colour Fun Run is part of the Miners Ghost Festival and just as fun as it sounds.
- Another event part of the Festival of the Miners Ghost by the Cobar Car Enthusiasts Club that will feature all types of cars, bikes and trucks with all entry proceeds donated to Cobar Charities.
Cobar Christmas Gala Shopping Night and Street Parade: 24 November 2016
- This is a great week to be in Cobar to celebrate the upcoming festive season and to find the perfect present for your loved ones.
- Who doesn't love crafting in Christmas season? And combined with nibbles and wine it's unbeatable!
- The little ones will be given their very own Christmas Party this year at Cobar Bowling and Golf Club! For more informaiton, contact the venue.